News:

Web Board and Forums now working.  Users must be added manually to prevent Spammers.

Main Menu

Classic D&D!!

Started by jonathansample, April 29, 2008, 07:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathansample

If anyone is interested I'm in the process of making alterations to 1st Edition and would like to start up a campaign at White Cap Comics. The time and day will be entirely up to the group consensus.

I'm trying for a fun experiment using the old rules under the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

After 4E comes out I'd like to start up with that as well, and, depending on the group's feelings about it, we could convert or we could maintain use of old rules.

I'd like to play at the store for several reasons, because it's where I started playing D&D, amongst other games, it's a good middle ground for people to get to, to play, and while there we can support our "Local Friendly Game Store" and be good patrons for one of the best businesses in Grand Rapids! (Let me hear an A-Men!)

If you're interested feel free to respond, or e-mail me at jonathansample@gmail.com.

Thanks!

khyron1144

I don't know who else has responded, but I'm somewhat interested.  I got into RPGs with AD&D 2nd edition, but I've acquired a pretty good set of1e hardbacks including Unearthed Arcana, so I know the system reasonaby well.

My only regularly available free day is Thursday, though.

jonathansample

If you're still interested I'd be glad to include you. We will also be experimenting with my friends new system. Thanks for responding.

khyron1144

I'm still interested.  When and where would be my first questions.

jonathansample

My group and I would be glad to welcome you and ANY interested parties to join us. I'm pulling together folks to run The Keep on the Borderlands.

My goal is to develop some sort of regular meeting group to get together for 4th Edition and previous editions, to just enjoy the game from past to present. :)