News:

Web Board and Forums now working.  Users must be added manually to prevent Spammers.

Main Menu

3D RPG!!

Started by jonathansample, June 05, 2008, 12:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathansample

I'm trying to recruit players for a new system developed by my friend, Grand Rapids native, Paul Dillinger. He has created a state of the art system, tried and tested for years now. Here's the link to Paul's website which has details about the game:

http://www.3d-rpg.com/

Please contact me if you are interested in playing.

John Collins

Hi Jonathan!

I looked at your friends site and it was pretty vague.

Potentially interesting but I don't know much more about it after having looked at the site.

what do the characters look like?  how does it work?

Interesting though.

thanks!

John

3DRPG

Quote from: John Collins on June 11, 2008, 06:49:18 PM
Hi Jonathan!

I looked at your friends site and it was pretty vague.

Potentially interesting but I don't know much more about it after having looked at the site.

what do the characters look like?  how does it work?

Interesting though.

thanks!

John

John,

This is Paul, the creator of the 3D-RPG system.  I'll try to give you a once over of where we stand and field any questions you may have.

The system is in closed Alpha right now with Jon being one of the first to get his hands on it.  The goal is when these alpha game masters give thumbs up to the core books, I'll start giving access to their players to the web site as a closed beta.  The web site is the real project at hand.  The idea is an extensive collection of online tools for content creation and sharing.  I first need to make sure the core content has been fleshed out enough that the GMs understand it.  I've been running the system for years, but my book (for others to run the game) has been a bit sparse.  So, I'm going through based on the alpha gamers comments and fleshing out the parts of the book that they find vague.

Since we are still in the process of structuring the book, I only have concept information on the web site.  The exact nature of the game Jon will run will be entirely up to him.  The system is universal, and can conform easily to any setting.  I know one other GM from the GR area is working on a Naruto based ninjitsu / shinobi setting with abilities to match.  I plan on releasing my four core settings as open settings for the system.  Also the system is intended to be 100% free to download, print, and play when it is complete.

The mechanic have similarities to both a d20 type system (D&D) and a d10 type system (Vampire).  If you've played either you'll get a feel for the mechanics right away.  Characters are built on skills and abilities rather than classes and levels.  Levels exist to show how many points a character has spent on skills an abilities.  The system has been designed so that it's easy to play without needing to reference a book.  The action is fast, with a unique attack and defend type system. Most RPGs give the characters one turn per round.  In the 3D-RPG characters can get multiple turns allowing for things like actively dodging and parring attacks to be not only viable, but recommended.  Also things aren't black and white.  There are different degrees to success and failure.  Parrying a blow might not cause a character to completely avoid the damage, but it could be the difference between a critical wound and a flesh wound.

I hope this helps out.  Let me know if you would like to know more.

jonathansample

My plans, once official rules have been released, and when we're finished with the Alpha, will be to spread the "Gospel" of the 3D-RPG system. As of now, any interest in future games will be appreciated, but nothing will be ready until Paul's ready.

Thanks for the update, Paul.

3DRPG

Quote from: jonathansample on June 18, 2008, 11:58:12 AM
My plans, once official rules have been released, and when we're finished with the Alpha, will be to spread the "Gospel" of the 3D-RPG system. As of now, any interest in future games will be appreciated, but nothing will be ready until Paul's ready.

Thanks for the update, Paul.

Any news on the type of setting you want to run?